Help for Those in Financial Need
Applications for 2023 are now being accepted
Every year TransWeek provides scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to attend. The number varies; we give as many as we can afford. Over the years we have brought dozens of grateful people to Provincetown. For most, it’s their first time at a transgender conference, and for some it’s the first time to be among their peers. Some scholarship recipients have never appeared in public wearing the clothing that reflects their inner feelings and authentic selves.
Scholarship recipients return to their communities full of energy and new knowledge and share this information with their peers. Many have gone on to become leaders in local and national trans and gender-nonconforming communities, and those who do become leaders acknowledge the role TransWeek played in their growth and self-acceptance.
Some scholarships are for one-half week, and some for the full Fair. Scholarships include a waiver of registration fees and shared lodging (up to seven nights). Recipients are full and valued participants in TransWeek, eligible for all meals, workshops, events, and activities. Recipients are responsible for their own transportation, but in many cases they are able to find rides to Provincetown with attendees who live close to them. This can be done through the Facebook TransWeek Discussion Group. The group is a great place to make friends and ask questions.
We do not publicly disclose the identity of scholarship recipients. The last thing we would like to go is to embarrass those we are trying to help. If you receive a scholarship and wish to tell others, that’s fine with us, but we will keep your status in confidence.
TransWeek does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, nationality, age, disability, genetics, religion or creed, sex, gender identity or presentation. We encourage couples to apply.
Applicants will need to complete the electronic application below; demonstrating financial need and disclosing their personal reasons for wanting to attend TransWeek. The better you are able to state your financial need and your reasons for wanting to attend, the better your chance of getting a scholarship, so please put some effort into your application.
— OR —
Scholarships are awarded based upon the judgement of our Scholarship Committee. The application will be seen only by the members of the committee.
- Have a financial need
- Must have submitted a scholarship application by the submission deadline
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or provide a
notarized letter of permission from their parent or legal guardian
- Agree to a telephone interview prior to July 16th, 2023 as part of the application process.
Applications must be received no later than July 15
Be sure to include your contact information!
- The applicant must meet the eligibility requirements outlined above
- The applicant must submit a scholarship application which describes such things as why they want to come to TransWeek and how their financial situation prevents them from otherwise attending
- The scholarship application must be filled out accurately and completely
- All scholarship-related material must be received no later than the stated submission deadline
- Following the submission deadline, the TransWeek Scholarship Committee will evaluate all submissions and select which applicants are to be offered scholarships
- Applicants must submit to a telephone interview
- Applicants offered a scholarship will be notified on or about August 15
- Applicants selected for a scholarship must accept or decline via email or text within one week and self-register in our registration system by the second week or risk forfeiture
- All scholarship holders will be expected to be enthusiastic volunteers during TransWeek and will be given an
assignment that should not require more than a few hours.
- In the event that an applicants who is offered a scholarship is not able to attend TransWeek or declines the scholarship, another applicant may be awarded that scholarship
NOTE: All scholarship awarded do not include any transportation related expenses and are not inclusive of all meals and incidental
Questions? Email email@example.com
Send supporting materials to:
P.O. Box 293
East Bridgewater, MA 02333